All renters must comply with the following Terms and Conditions: TENANT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES TO THE PROPERTY DURING THEIR STAY
TERM: Check in time is 4:00pm or after, and check out is by 11:00am. Please notify us if arrival time will be after 6pm so we can accommodate the late arrival.
1. SMOKING: Not allowed in house, outside only. Please use proper disposal of butts in outside trash receptacles. A $250.00 fee will be charged to any guests who smoke inside the premises.
2. PETS: Well behaved dogs are welcome at vacation rentals only, no cats or other pets. No pets are allowed at our B&B or Inn. Vacation Rental guests agree to pay a one-time pet fee of $35. Maximum 3 small dogs or 2 large dogs.
3. HOUSE RULES: Guests agree to avoid disturbing any neighbors with respect to noise, odors, disposal of refuse, animals, parking, and use of common areas. Visitors of Guests must comply with all terms and conditions stated in the agreement.
4. DAMAGE TO PREMISES: All damages caused by guests or their visitors shall be paid for by the guests.
5. ENTRY AND INSPECTION: Owner or Agent shall have the right to enter premises: a) in case of emergency, b) to make any necessary or agreed upon repairs, and c) when guest has abandoned or surrendered the premises.
6. INDEMNIFICATION: Owner shall not be liable for any damage or injury to guests, or any other person or to any property, occurring on the premises or any part thereof, or in common areas thereof, unless such damage is the proximate result of negligence or unlawful act of Landlord, Agents or employees. Guest agrees to hold Landlord or Agent harmless from any claims for damages, no matter how caused, except for the injury or damages for which Owner is legally responsible. Guest’s personal belongings are not to be covered by Landlord’s insurance.
7. CANCELLATION POLICY: The $50 deposit is non-refundable if cancelled prior to 7 days before occupancy. Should guests cancel prior to 7 days before occupancy, there will be no further chargers or penalties. If cancellation occurs within 7 days of occupancy, the first night rent and accommodations tax will be charged, less the $50 deposit.
8. BAD WEATHER & OTHER NUISANCES: Please remember, we do get rain, snow, foggy days and other occasional inconveniences which are out of our control. Please be patient if you encounter any inconvenience, we will be as responsive as possible and will certainly try to remedy those things which are in our control. Samples of inconveniences which are not in our control, and which do not warrant any refund of rental monies include:
• Breakdown of TV’s, VCR/DVD’s, hot tubs or other appliances
• Construction taking place in the area.
• A home which is not decorated or accommodated to your personal taste.
• Bad weather (If vacation is during winter months, please come prepared to drive in snow and ice to reach your unit).
9. UPON LEAVING (VACATION RENTALS ONLY): Following is a list of items guests should take care of prior to leaving the unit (applicable only to Vacation Home rentals, not B&B or Inn). If the housekeeping items are not accomplished, guests may be charged for the extra time incurred by the housekeeping staff.a. Garbages, included perishable in refridgerator, should be gathered and place outdoors in receptacle.
b. Place final dishes in dishwasher and begin the cycle.
c. Gather all used linens and towels and place in bathtub.
d. Turn off all lights, close all windows, and return thermostat original setting.
e. Lock all doors and return key (if applicable).
10. ATTORNEY FEES: If any legal action brought by either party to enforce the terms thereof or related to the demised premises, the prevailing party shall be entitled to all costs incurred in connection with such action, including reasonable attorney’s fees.
11. TRANSFER: The management team reserves the right to accommodate guest in a similar or upgraded unit at the same charge of the guest.
12. WAIVER: No failure of a Landlord to enforce any term shall be deemed a waiver. The acceptance of rent by the Landlord shall not waive the right to enforce any term hereof.
13. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: It is understood this agreement is for short-term vacation rental home or suite. All lawn care and snow removal is provided. As these are fully equipped homes, there are no extra cleaning services provided unless specifically requested and paid for by the guest. If there is damage noted by guest upon arrival, guest is to notify the Manager immediately to arrange for repair. Prior to the guest arrival, for each rental period, the premises and inventory are thoroughly inspected. Any damage or missing inventory will be charged to the guest.
- Are Children welcome? We do welcome children of any age in our Vacation Rentals. Our Ledge House B&B and Light Horse Inn require children to be well behaved and at least 12 years of age. We try and maintain a quiet, relaxing getaway environment at our B&B’s.
- Do you have parking? Yes! All of our properties have private parking on site.
- Do you allow pets? We do also allow only trained dogs at our Vacation Rentals. Our Ledge House B&B and Light Horse Inn has a strict no pet policy.
- What is the cancellation policy? We have a 7 day cancellation policy. Please let us know if you are unable to make it prior to 7 days before your check-in, and your reservation will be cancelled. The $50 deposit will not be refunded. If within 7 days of check-in, you are still responsible for one full night’s rate, less the original $50 deposit. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Does your town have UBER, Lyft or Cab Services? Yes! Uber and Lyft is available, as well as local cab companies like Mountaineer Taxi. Check Eastern Panhandle Transit Athority also for stops through our town.
- Are linens included? Yes, they are. All of our rentals and suites have fresh clean linens and towels in place for your arrival.
- Are there televisions in the properties? Yes, all of our rentals are equipped with televisions except Suites 4-7 at the Light Horse Inn.
- Can I walk from the Amtrak Train Station? Yes, all of our properties are within a hilly walking distance of the Haprers Ferry Train Station. Again, it is very hilly (mostly up) so if you have a lot of baggage this may not be the best option. Occasionally we are able to offer a complementary shuttle, but it is not guaranteed. Please inquire on a case-by-case basis.
Have other questions for us? Please send us an inquiry and we will be happy to help! Contact us HERE